Background

Sunday, February 1, 2009

So, maybe I'm a bad blogger (or at least an inconsistent one) but I'm hoping that means I'm a good mom. I just haven't had time to write down my thoughts and feeling because I've been so focused on the baby. Yeah... that sounds like a pretty good excuse.

Anyway, I'm starting up again and hoping to be a little more consistent so that our far away friends and relatives (specifically Grandma and Grandpa) can have a little better idea of the daily goings-on in the life of Sweet Baby Jones et al.

I'd like to start in chronological order but, to quote Inigo Montoya, "Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." Here are a few tidbits from the last few weeks:

Norah got a chance to wear her sunglasses for the first time a few weeks ago. She didn't really like the putting on process, but once they were on she seemed to enjoy the absence of cornea searing glare that comes with a sunny, snowy winter day.

She's finally growing into her 3-6 month size clothes. She'll be 6 months on Thursday. Here she's modeling a pair of pajamas that her Grandma bought her. Her dad's favorite stuffed animal growing up was his polar bear, so they're pretty special.

We just got a package from Grandma and Grandpa a few days ago. The dress below was one of the ADORABLE outfits in it. Guess what she's wearing for Valentine's Day!!

Yesterday she was helping me make the bed. Mostly she was helping by laying quietly propped between our two pillows. All of the sudden, she grabs the blanket in front of her and pulls herself up to sitting. Then she looks at me as if to say, "Yeah, I do this all the time." Fortunately Daddy was nearby with the camera.

Last but not least... today was her first time actually sitting in the grocery cart. I figured if she could pull herself up she was ready. She's still so small that I shoved my big down coat all around her for protection, but she LOVED it. She was making some pretty hilarious faces. Here's a few of my favorite:

No comments: