Looking forward to this series has also gotten me thinking about some lessons that I've learned about giving. I've especially been remembering an object lesson that my dad taught me as a child. The older I get, the more thankful I am for this particular lesson. With this lesson my dad really purposed to help me understand God's heart for his children in regards to giving. It's definitely something I want for us to pass on to Norah as well. I can't wait to write about it! I've taken a cue from my friend (and pastor's wife) Linn and decided to make you (all three of you who read this) wait until Memorial Box Monday to get the whole story. To get you coming back to read it I'll just say this: the story involves french fries. Stay tuned for more!
The place to come for news, updates and general nonsense from the daily life of the Jones family!
Background
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Thankful Thursday
Last Sunday our pastor told us that we're going to be starting a sermon series on sacrificial living based on Philippians. Part of me is really excited about it. Another part of me is apprehensive. If I know our pastor (and I do, a little) he's not going to be content with a "God loves everyone and we should be loving too so go out and do something nice for your community" sort of sermon series on sacrificial living. I'm pretty sure he's going to challenge the way we think about how we give of our resources - time, money, relationships, talents, all of it - and he's going to challenge us to act on our changed thinking (gulp). I'm truly thankful to have a pastor who challenges us and all kidding aside, I'm really looking forward to starting this series.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All 3 of you who read this? LOL You are hysterical girlfriend!!
And french fries? Hmmmm...do tell!
Any story that a dad told a daughter and she remembers years later...we must here - so out with it! xo
yummm, french fries!
Post a Comment