Background

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Grandma and Great Weather

Today I'm most thankful for two things. I'm thankful for the amazing weather we're having. I'm always sad to say goodbye to summer, but there's something about the chill in the morning air and the crisp, clear days that really makes me feel grateful that we live here. The leaves are about 75% turned. Everywhere we look there's a golden glow. Just in the past few days the trees have started letting them go in little showers. I love to watch them spin and flutter to the ground. We went out to go to work yesterday morning and Norah was a little confused by all the new leafy toys laying in the driveway for her to play with.


That leads me to my second Thankful Thursday item. Grandma! The weather changed relatively quickly this year - or maybe I was just in denial about Summer being over. Anyhoo, I bought a few long sleeved shirts and a puffy vest for Norah (picture of that to come, so cute!!). But on the whole, I wasn't super prepared to bundle my tiny person up yet. Then came a little box from Grandma in California. I am forever amazed at how much my mom-in-law can fit in a little box. There were sweatshirts, sweatpants, long sleeved tops, leggings and even a pair of shoes! Everything was mix and match so, in total there were probably 30 new outfits in there. My girl is decked OUT thanks to Grandma!!

I had planned to get photos of Norah modeling all of her snazzy new duds this weekend but as usual, the time got away from me. So we'll do it piece-meal whenever she's got on a new item. In the pictures in this post she's wearing a onesie from Grandma (I'm pretty sure it says "Grandma's Angel" on it). She's also styling a sweater I got at a local church consignment sale and a pair of jeans from a thrift store. Top it off with a pair of shiny new white tennies (that managed to stay white for that WHOLE day!) and, of course, our girl doesn't go anywhere without an accessory. And by that I mean her snack cup.
Thanks Grandma!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Norah and Kyle with their accessories...a match made in heaven!

Unknown said...

My little girlfriend looks simply fabulous! Love the accessories!