When we were in California (see? I told you it's overdue) we discovered that Norah can count. On the day of The Great Ladybug Hunt, Mark's mom asked her how many spots the ladybug had. Norah responded, "One, two, three!" Mark and I were shocked. We'd never counted anything with her, or even in her presence as far as we could remember. Frankly, it didn't even occur to us that she was ready.
Then the next day I was trying to keep her occupied on a drive. She was wearing pants with polka dots on them, so I said, "Let's count how many polka dots you have on your pants. One...Two...Three..." She interrupted, "Four..." I asked her what comes after four and she said, "Oh! Five, six, seben!" Long story short, with very little prodding (and no actual numerical help) she counted to ten!
She was twenty months at the time. Not that I'm bragging.
She still loves counting. She especially loves counting stairs as she's climbing them. A couple of weeks ago she did us one better and went all the way to eleven. That's right folks. This one goes to eleven.
No comments:
Post a Comment