Background

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Runnin'

After we watched our friend ride past in the Iron Horse, we darted back across the street to head home. I went to put Norah in her stroller so Daddy could push her back up the hill, but she insisted on getting down. I said, "Do you want to try to walk all the way to our house?" She responded, "No. Run!"

Here she is insisting on running up the hill herself.

Here's a view up the hill at the entrance to the neighborhood. Our street is even with the fire hydrant (that tiny red dot waaaaaaay up the hill)

Here she is in full running mode.

Grandma picked her up and ran with her for a few feet to catch up to us. She was NOT excited about that! If she knew how to say, "I'll do it myself!" She would have. Fortunately for us she hasn't learned that one yet.

Rounding the corner to our street.

Not far now!

She did eventually make it. She was only a couple of minutes behind Mark and his dad. All in all, running a quarter mile or so on those tiny legs (uphill no less) was a pretty amazing feat!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I think I've found my new running buddy!