Background

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

California Trip Part 4 - Grandma's House

After our visit with my extended family, we said goodbye and headed to Mark's parents house in Southern California. It was a bit warmer there and Mark's mom had the fans on in the house. Norah decided to "take a drink of air".



She thought it was pretty fun.



We played at a couple of different parks during our time at Grandma's. The one pictured below happened to be near the town where I grew up. We hung out there for a couple of hours so that Norah could play while some old friends stopped by to chat. Norah was so very, very busy at the parks I didn't get many good photos of her at all. Most of the pictures turned out like this one...


She sure did have fun though! Even the heat (which we are completely not used to any more) didn't slow her down, although she did remark a few times, "Mom, I'm really sweaty."


After our time at this particular park, we drove waaaaayyyy down to south Orange County to meet up with some other friends for dinner. I didn't manage to get any photos of that either - what with juggling two tired, formerly sweaty girls - but we had a great time. All things considered (car naps, heat, lots of expended energy) I was actually really impressed that Norah held out until dinner was over to have a meltdown for the day! She did a great job letting Mommy and Daddy have great conversation with our friends before we were forced to load up our exhausted, crying, snotty mess of a three-year-old into the car and hightail it for bed.

Stay tuned... next up is Disneyland!

No comments: