Background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Daddy Daughter Dance

At the beginning of February (I know!) our church put on the third annual Daddy Daughter Dance. They have been awesomely successful and grown bigger every year. This year, since Norah was old enough to go with her daddy, I helped with the decorations a little bit.

The theme for this year was "sugar and Spice". The whole place was decorated in a Candy Land theme, complete with all the characters from the original board game!!  Here's a link to a little montage that the photographer did. The whole thing is designed and decorated by volunteers. Doesn't it look amazing!?!

For those who are interested, there's a picture of Mark and Norah at second 56 of the montage. They're in the bottom left. He's wearing a dark suit and carrying her.

Here are the few pictures that I got. I didn't take many pics of the decoration process because I knew I'd be too tempted to post them on my Facebook before the dance and I didn't want to ruin the surprise. :-)

The centerpieces I helped design and make.
Mark said that he spent most of the evening explaining what was
real (edible) candy and what was decoration (non-edible) candy.


Getting read to go at Grammy and Grampy's house.
The professional photo, complete with giant lollipops
and huge candy to stand on!

No comments: