Dear Participants in the Labor Day Motorcycle Rally:
Your group has gotten a bad rap in the past. Sure, your bikes are loud, the exhaust is stinky, and some in your group have been known to throw back a few Cold Ones now and again. But I personally have no problem with you.
Everywhere I went around town from Thursday through Tuesday, I was met with smiles. Perhaps it was the super-cool biker-esque black and silver duds that I made a point of sporting all weekend. Perhaps it was my obviously pregnant belly. Perhaps it was a combination of those things and the fact that most of you were old enough to be the grandparents of the little bundle of joy that I'm currently carrying.
Regardless, you were nothing but polite and respectful. Even when I was crossing the street (slowly) in front of your idling hogs. From what I hear, you gave our economy a much needed boost during the slowdown between Rafting Season and Ski Season. Also, your engine noise made Sweet Baby Jones #2 dance. So thanks for a lovely weekend.
Kind Regards,
Not in Any Shape to Ride (but thanks for the offer, Sir)
It was after 6:20am when the first of your cheerful rays peeked up over the ridge to say good morning today.
In short, you're late.
If this kind of tardiness continues I'm going to get very.... cold. And I'm going to have... trouble waking up. Sooner than I'd like. Seriously. Please come back.
Sincerely,
Fighting Hibernation
Dear Old Man Winter:
I see you there. Hiding right around the corner, with your little friend Jack Frost. Fortunately for me I have a trick up my sleeve. This little bun in my oven is the best space heater I've ever had. Well, since the last bun, that is. The benefit of this bun is that it's not going to be fully cooked until the end of December. That gives me a few good (normally cold) months when I'll be (mostly) immune to your chilly meanderings across our lovely landscape. And although I may welcome a slight cooling in our recent heat wave, I'm not quite prepared for the mayhem that accompanies your icy additions to our sidewalks.
So hear this: I will be wearing flip flops this fall. I will be wearing them straight into winter. I will be wearing them for as long as my feet do not threaten to fall off. It will be my silent protest, for as long as my tootsies can stand it. That is all.
Coldly,
Reluctantly Winterizing
8 comments:
I wear my flip flops about 10 months a year! Go for it! I have to say, while I am very ready for Fall.... I am not ready for Winter. I hope it takes its time!
me too! I wear flip flops for as long as I can in the fall and as soon as I can in the spring! :) but, I am kind of excited to break out the fallish shoes and jeans that haven't been seen in a few months. :)
I wear sandals year around. Although. this winter I do want it to be colder but we live in Texas so cold is relative. I would be happy just breaking out the long sleeves!
Ha! Good luck with that, Mrs. I Live at 9,000 ft!
I wear flip flops and open toed crocs as long as possible too! Then I switch to closed toe crocs! :)
I enjoy autumn but winter has my permission to skip Oklahoma this year!
Where do you live? We wear flip flops year round where I am from.
Glad the biker rally went so well, the bikers sound like they were some good folk. ;)
Thanks for linking up!
What the heck??? Your comments are filled with flip-flop die hards, LOL! :)
In Cali, we grew up calling them "thongs", though I can't get away with that here in the Northwest!
Yes, we know lots of good bikers!
This Texan is seriously confused about the "heat wave" of which you speak. ;-)
Post a Comment