Background

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Long Time No See...

I started his month with the best of intentions - I really did! November is always a crazy month for me. As soon as we hit Halloween, things don't seem to slow down until about February. In fact, since the last few weeks of pregnancy slow time to a crawl and my typical holiday season flys by at light speed, I'm really interested to see if by having both events at once they manage to cancel each other out and allow time to move at a normal pace. I'm not holding my breath, but I'll keep you posted.

Anywho, my typical blogging time is Thursday while Mark is at band practice. Norah has a full day on Thursdays so we eat dinner at my parents, Mark heads to practice and I take her home for an early bedtime. Sometimes it’s the only two-hour stretch that I have to myself all week. Ever feel that way?

The past few weeks the weather has been uncooperative. Since I don’t have snow tires on my car yet (an issue we will remedy very soon thanks to an incredibly generous birthday gift from my in-laws!) I have been waiting at my parent’s place for Mark to pick us up in the truck so we can carpool home. I love spending time with my family relaxing in the evening, but not having those few minutes alone on Thursdays has reminded me that even for someone as social as myself, time away is precious. I feel like I haven’t been able to organize my thoughts the way that I normally do. This is compounded by the fact that, at 35 weeks along, I’m less able to complete a given thought at any time anyway.

We’ve been very busy these past few weeks and I have a lot to catch up on. I’m going to try to put it out there in little snippets a couple of times a day so that it doesn’t feel like drinking from a fire hose of Jones Family info after a more than two-week drought.

No comments: