Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Haircut and Photo Shoot

It was well past time for Norah to get a haircut. As my mother was fond of saying when I was a child, "She looked like a pig lookin' out from the bushes." I have no idea if this is some kind of saying in the midwest where my grandparents came from or if it's just something Mom's family said, but it definitely made it into her vernacular. Looking at this photo, though, it's a fairly apt description.


At first she was worried that it would hurt to get her hair cut.

Once she realized it didn't, she was quite the happy little client. She took one look at her new 'do and started beaming. She even liked her "hair cutter lady" so much that she let her put her hair in pigtails.

Despite the fact that she has pigtails in most of our "professional" family photos, it is something she almost never voluntarily lets me do!



Since her hair was freshly coiffed, and she was wearing her new favorite skinny jeans that we got on vacation (they're from California so they must be cool!) I decided to do an impromptu photo shoot. I've been working on taking a few tips from the photo pros whose blogs I read. I'm trying to avoid doing so many posed shots. They never work with pre-schoolers anyway.
This is what happens when you ask a three year
old with a sucker to look at you and smile.


This is what happens when you ask her again.


This is what happens when you have someone else
distract her. Much better!

 
She just had to smell all the flowers,
so I got some action shots.


Who could resist a cute little tushie shot?


No comments: