Background

Monday, October 10, 2011

It Matches!


Yesterday morning I went downstairs to get Norah up for church. She looked at me and asked, "Mom, do I have a pull-up on?" Saturday was a hang out in your jammies day but she had worn panties under her footie pajamas. Daddy had put her to bed the night before so I told her I didn't know. She unzipped her jammies and gapsed in surprise! She had slept without a pull-up and she was dry!

Truth be told, she'd been sleeping dry for months. I was mostly just trying to use up the pull-ups that we had. I can't bring myself to throw those things out, they're so expensive, and I didn't want to store them until Penny grows into them.

Anyway, she was so excited that she'd stayed dry I figured it was a great opportunity to reinforce that idea. I'd seen a pair of Hello Kitty rain boots the day before that I knew she'd love. She's been really into Hello Kitty lately, thanks to a Heallo Kitty sweatshirt she got for her birthday. I bought the boots and put them aside for just this type of occasion. They are now the only shoes she has any interest in wearing. She's already informed me that she'll be wearing her new boots in the snow as well. We'll see how long that lasts once it actually gets cold.

This morning, Norah decided to dress on a character theme. She was so excited that her sweatshirt, belt and boots all match. My little fashionista.

No comments: