Background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Plight of the Second Child

We're rewinding all the way to the day after Christmas.

...Because that's when we had Penny's birthday party.

...And I haven't blogged about Penny's birthday yet.

...Because she's the second child.

...AND she was born right after Christmas.


Ok, I think that's enough poor grammar and fragment sentences. On to the photos!

We had close friends and family over. It was a jungle animal themed party with giraffes, elephants and hippos.
No, I did NOT take down Christmas. Penny is just gonna have to get used to it.

The other guests were noticeably neater eaters. 

They also "helped" Penny open her presents. This is what happens when your friends are older.

In any case, Penny had tons of fun at her first birthday! 
I have to admit, it's tough to do a birthday party right after Christmas. It was a challenge to even find a day when most of our friends and family could come! On the other hand, it was really nice to have a simple party with family and just a few really close friends. The truth is that Penny had a blast and we had a blast celebrating her.

Even if we did get the photos up a little late. :-)

No comments: