Background

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Locusts on a Wheat Field

That's the best description I can give of what it looked like at the easter egg hunt out church sponsored this year. I've never actually seen locusts descend on a wheat field. I've seen a cartoon reenactment of it several times on one of the Land Before Time sequel movies that Norah watches - don't judge! - and it seems pretty similar. 

Let's just say this:

From the time they let the kids out onto the lawn full of eggs to the time a vast, empty, candy egg-less, wasteland was left in their wake was maybe 45 seconds. I only got two or three pictures of the actual hunt. The two below are seriously the best ones. That's how fast this thing went, people!

Hey, at least you can see her adorable new red Converse.
Mark picked them up on a recent business trip. He texted me
photos of the color choices. She decided on red because,
"The pink is too bright."
Proof that the kids weren't fighting.
After showing me her basket, she exclaimed,
"Mom, did you know there's CANDY IN THESE!?!"
We had successfully hidden that fact for the first 3 years of her life.
Norah and her friend Elise.
If I were to caption their thoughts, it would be something like,
"C'mon, c'mon! Take the picture so we can eat more candy!!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best part of Easter egg hunts is the secret Mommy stash of candy you get afterwards. I think we just finished the last of the Halloween candy.