Background

Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Me! Monday - Totally Together


I am not a forgetful person. Those of you who know me can attest that I'm always the girl who has it all together. Right? So let me just run a couple of scenarios by you that would totally not occur in my June Cleaver-eaque household.

A week ago Friday I took off from work a little early (did I mention I got a new job? It's great - but that's another post) to get dog food. She'd been running low for about a week, and since I am not a procrastinator I picked it up on Friday afternoon after I scooped the last 50 kibbles out of the container for her breakfast. I proceeded to have a lovely date night with the hubs, and headed over to my parents' house to pick up the munchkin after that.

Here's what I did not do:

When we picked up babykins and decided to carpool (or truck-pool rather home) on account of exhaustedness, I did not forget the bag of dog food in my trunk. It's a good thing I didn't too. If I had, I would have had to make rice and meat for the dog's meals. There are certainly not three portions of homemade dog food left in my frige at this moment. Furthermore, did not forget the dog food in my trunk AGAIN when we went to my parents' place to watch the superbowl. That would be so irresponsible. Finally, I did not leave the baby's diaper bag in the trunk of my car on Monday evening to ensure that I wouldn't forget the dog food a third time. I don't need those kind of reminders.

This weekend I was not so excited about having friends up to our house to go sledding that I got out of the shower and put night cream on my face. And even if I had, I would never have been so lazy as to just slather on the suncreen moisturizer over it and call it good. Nope. No siree. I am WAY more together than that.

What about you? Is there anything a little dorky that you totally did not do this week?

2 comments:

Windthicket Fables said...

Ahahaha! My parents live an hour away from me, but we are there at least 3 times a week. (I know, we should just move closer) I have, on more than one occasion, forgotten very important things there. Never dog food, however, I do procrastinate on that too. No wonder my dog is a dogapotamus (He's really fat) It's because I give him leftovers when we run out of dog food. LOL.

The Ninofrancos said...

I can't tell you how many times I have NOT put night cream on my face in the morning! It is, of course, more expensive than day lotion.

~Ivy