Background

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weekend Update

I've been pretty good about taking pictures lately. Posting them? Notsomuch. Here are a few of my favorite from last weekend and the weekend before. Hopefully I'll be able to post some from this weekend tomorrow.

Doggies are a girl's best friend.

Especially when they're big enough to hide behind!

All that sitting and being hugged makes Jamie tired.

We went snowshoeing around the neighborhood. It had snowed so hard we had to wear our snowshoes to walk ON the road. Notice my little cherub dragging her hand through the snow? Yeah, she spent the last ten minutes of the trip crying because her hand was cold. Consequences are hard to explain to a tiny person. Don't worry, I carried her and let her put her freezing fingers on my warm neck. I'm waiting for my Mom of the Year trophy to arrive. Any day now, right Jan?

"I am the leader, and I say we go...THAT WAY!" **Bonus points if you can name the movie that quote is from!**

Norah also practiced her directional vocabulary.

She went UNDER the table.

By going OVER the shelf.

And enjoyed putting things THROUGH the hole in the step stool.

Creating quite a mess IN the living room.

And leaving one very tired dog ON the floor.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Really great pics! I can tell you were using the fancy schmancy camera. Carrying and warming her hand does, in fact, get you a REAL Mom of the Year trophy.

Unknown said...

That would be The Goonies, dear friend. Love the pics! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Mahina (Johnson) Gallinger said...

Funny, I thought it was those little brownies from Willow...but I could be wrong. Great pics and great blog! Just saw the photo of Norah's first haircut and thought I would continue browsing. Looks like you guys are loving it in Colorado. My sister lives in Colorado Springs and I will be there in April. Where are you located?

Shelly said...

Hey Mahina! I was thiking of Willow too, but I think it's actually both movies. We're in Durango and we absolutely LOVE it! Let us know if you ever decide to road trip to the Springs. You can crash at our place on the way!