Background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Camping

Sunday we got to do my favorite kind of camping. It's the kind where you go crash someone's campsite for the evening and then go home and sleep in your own bed.

Anyway, we stopped by the campsite of a small group from our church. We don't belong to the group, but they're all around our age and they have kids and stuff. They invited us to be an honorary part of their crew. I call them "The Cool Crowd". I'm sure you can tell why:

This is Violet. She is but one of the many fabulous children who are part of the group.

Norah seemed to take to camping quite well. She made herself right at home in one of the many kid-sized camp chairs.

As it turned out, she was also a pro at ladder ball. I mean, look at the form!

She was also quite attentive to the rules of fire safety (my least favorite part of camping with a kiddo!). This was the closest she got, which was just fine with me!

The second we got into the car to go home she started talking about going "camping in the woods and trees with Mommy and Daddy". I don't think we'll be able to keep her away from "real camping" for long. When we got home, I asked how she liked her first camping trip and she said, "We didn't really camp Mommy." Can't pull anything over on that kid!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are so glad you crashed the party. It was fun to watch Nora "camp". Thanks for coming! And could you email me that pic of Violet? Thanks!