Background

Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Vacation Weather

My parents decided to book a timeshare in late January that was within driving distance from Durango so that we could come along. They're awesome like that. They decided on Phoenix because it would be a great place to get away from the cold for a week. Unfortunately, Phoenix didn't get the memo. The trip started out warm enough (mid 60's or so) but by Wednesday it was in the 30's with 25 mile per hour winds. I don't feel like 30's is super cold, but seeing as I only brought a fleece, the high wind made it pretty much unbearable.

By Friday it was back in the 50's and we were able to take Norah to the zoo (more on that later). Apparently these two girls didn't think 50's was warm enough to venture out without their down.


Yes. Those are knee length down parkas in 50 degree weather. Don't you love it!?! I pretended to take a picture of the jeep in the background and stealthily caught this image. Totally worth it!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Makes sense to this Texan! ;-)