| Guess who's excited about winter! |
"Mom, when I grow up I'm gonna marry Jackabo. I'm gonna tell him next time I see him. Actually, I'm gonna ask, like this, 'Please, Jack, will you marry me?'"
"Well that's nice."
"Yeah, and if he says no, I will say, 'Please, please PLEASE!' because that's good manners."
"Well it's important to have good manners when you ask someone to marry you."
"Yeah, and if he still says no... I just don't know what I'm gonna do."
"No Plan B, eh?"
"No. Because all the other girls already took the other boys."
********
{Me calling to my parents out the car window} "Bye! Have a good date!"
"Mom, what's a date?"
"It's when two people who really like eachother go and spend time together doing something fun."
"When I grow up and get a husb... I mean, when I marry Jackabo, we're gonna go on dates. Oh! And I have to have a daughter too. Not one daughter, two daughters, just like you!!"
"Are you sure you want to have two daughters just like me? My life is pretty crazy."
"Yeah, but two daughters is awesome, right Mom?"
********
"What happened in Sunday School today?" {Normally she tells me all about the story they heard.}
"We played Duck, Duck, Goose. I said, 'Goose' to Mr. Josh and he caught me and I had to sit in the middle."
"You did!? Then what happened?"
"Someone else got caught and they had to sit in the middle so I got out."
"Well, when you're playing Duck, Duck, Goose it's a good idea to say, 'Goose' to someone who you think is slower than you instead of your teacher so that you don't get caught."
"Oh, ok. Cause Mr. Josh is really fast."
"I bet. But what I was really asking was what did you learn in Sunday School today."
"OH! What did I learn?"
...
"Well, Mom, I learned that I don't want to play Duck, Duck, Goose in Sunday School any more."
No comments:
Post a Comment