I don't think it was covered in the attached video, but many orphanages in Port Au Prince and beyond are being looted or simply running out of food and water. The couple in the video below saw their one-year-old daughter on a national news clip sleeping on the street because her orphanage was destroyed. The longer it takes to arrange transportation for these children - who already have families waiting for them here - the more likely it is that something terrible could happen.
I can't imagine how I would feel if these were my children. I can't even fathom the pain of being so completely out of control as far as their welfare is concerned. Adoption in Haiti can take up to two years for approval, meaning that some of the adoptive families in the US have been preparing their homes and families for a long time for a new member. Imagine being "pregnant" for more than a year and then losing your child!
So please, if you have a moment, pray specifically for Witson and Louvencia. Pray for all of the orphans in Haiti - newly orphaned or not, adopted or not. Most of us don't have the resources to do something monumental or miraculous. But we know the One who does.
No comments:
Post a Comment