When you tell Norah you're going to do something she wants to do (go to Grammie's, read a book etc.) and then take a minute longer to get ready (I'm always forgetting something!) she motions to you with her little fingers and says, "Com' mon" in a little sing-song voice. She's not demanding, she's just saying, "You said we were gonna do this thing and now I'm all excited!!" She did this several times on our recent trip. Every time we said it was almost time to get on the plane, she'd start walking toward the line of passengers and say, "Com' mon!"
She helped me feed the dog the other day. She stood between Jamie and the pantry, where I was scooping her food. Norah looked Jamie in the eye, pointed to the floor and said, "sit!" Jamie sat, but I think it was more out of habit. I took the bowl of food to the sink to fill with water and Jamie got antsy. She always gets impatient at that point. She started to stand up and Norah put her little hand on Jamie's back reassuringly and said, "Hold on."
Imagine, my toddler telling the dog to be patient! Ha!
1 comment:
Ha! I love it! Toddlers and dogs are not known for their patience. Too cute!
Post a Comment