Background

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Heard Around the House

It's time for another edition of Heard Around the House. This I will call the Monkey See Monkey Do Edition. Norah's vocabulary s growing so quickly that she can basically understand (at lease the gist of) almost everything we say. She also enjoys repeating what we say. We have been finding ourselves more and more limited on what we can say in her hearing. Here are a few examples:

"Nonah growin' up. Need a big girl room. With Tinkerbell. Or ladybugs."
We will probably continue the "what do you want in your big girl room?" discussion until I go ahead and decide for her.

"Whatever Mommy."
She uses the right inflection and everything. She was immediately informed that this is not a nice or appropriate thing to say to people and it most certainly is NOT cute.

"Two in August"
When you ask her how old she will be on her birthday, this is her response. We don't remember ever telling her that her birthday is in August.

"Gramma comin' Wednesday. Stay our house."
I told her this exactly once and she repeated it for a week until Grandma came yesterday.




And my favorite.....




"The train freaks me out."
Her dad had just finished telling his mom that the train does, in fact, freak her out.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love to heat little ones talk! Lula Mae started talking very early and hasn't shut her mouth since. There are several words we have said around her that we have had to "replace" with others (Stick...comes out with a "d" instead of a "st" there for we call them poles. Britches... well you can imagine what that sounded like! We will just call them pants!) Funny how they have brains of steel! I would pay money to see such a tiny thing say something "freaks her out" that is priceless!