Background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Proof Positive

Sure, my kiddo's penchant for swimming proves that she's related to my mother. Her love of olives proves her relationship to her daddy. But this...

this picture right here proves that she's my kid!

As a child, I think I was happiest when I was climbing something, particularly trees. We had a mimosa tree in our back yard that had just the right branch span for relaxing. I would take my pillow and sit for hours up there reading.

Before you call Child Protective Services get too excited, please know that this was all her idea. She saw the tree and exclaimed, "Get INNIT!" While she's not old enough to climb (yet), when I put her in the tree she was the one who commanded, "Yet go Mommy!" I'm sure it was one of the first of about a million times over her lifetime that she was ready for me to let go before I was. She got her bearings quickly, found her center of gravity, and then set about considering whether she should try to jump out.

Fortunately she thought better of that one.

But as she gained confidence in her own sense of balance, she did exactly what she ask me to do...

...and let go.

I'm not sure that this momma was quite ready for that metaphor for life.

But then again, who is?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...she is just too cute. I have the feeling there will be many of those moments.

Amy said...

What precious pictures! She is such a brave little one, which we mommas know, is a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time! I too am not ready for the "letting go"... ever... but we must do it huh? Look at the fun she had though! Can't be all bad!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!!