Background

Friday, July 9, 2010

Letters of Intent

Foursons

Dear Disney/Pixar:
I don't typically thank giant corporations for very much. Truly, you (all) and I know that at the end of the day it boils down to money. Don't try to pretend it doesn't.
Still, I would be remiss if I neglected to thank you for Finding Nemo. Not only does it allow the grown-ups in the house a few moments of uninterrupted peace, but it taught our little girl one very valuable lesson. She constantly tells us that Nemo got lost because "he no listen to Daddy". We have taken it upon ourselves, as responsible parents, to remind her of this when she's having trouble listening. She has even extended the object lesson to include listening to all pertinent grown-ups (Mommy, Grammy, etc.).
So thank you. That is at least one valuable lesson that she's gleaned from TV. And yes, it was worth the money.
Love,
The Mom Who Appreciates Good Listeners

Dear City Parking Attendant:
It was only when I saw the orange envelope on my windshield that I remembered that my parking pass was valid January through June... and it was July 2nd. Given our current financial situation, a ticket was not high on my list of things to spend my discretionary money on. My heart started palpitating like a southern schoolgirl at cotillion (I do declare). So I was pleasantly surprised that the ticket was made out for $0.00 and listed as a warning! I am beyond elated that in this tourist town, it's not only the cars with out of state plates that catch a break from time to time.
Thank you for your decency,
The Lady with a Newly Current Parking Pass

Dear Monsoon Season:
You're late, but we're so glad you showed up! Now, if you could just go ahead and follow through with your threats to hose this place down every afternoon, I'd be ever so grateful. The sinus pressure is killing me.
Love,
Extra Strength Tylenol's New BFF

6 comments:

Amy said...

I actually thought about thanking Disney/Pixar this week too! LOL. We don't allow much TV for Lula Mae, but Nemo is a must! She loves it! What is even funnier is that we tell her the exact same thing when she wanders off!!!! We ask her is she wants to be lost like Nemo, in which she replies: "No I wannna stay wiff my Daddy forever. I not get lost Mommy. Nemo needa listen!" And yes, if it weren't for Nemo I may not have clean bathrooms... or sanity some days!

So glad your ticket was a warning! $0.00 is my favorite price!

We are in need of rain as well! My grass is SO ugly!

Great letters! Happy Friday!

Foursons said...

Yay for Nemo! That is an awesome lesson to learn!

Double yay for a warning ticket!

Thanks for linking up and enjoy your rain.

Unknown said...

You actually got a warning! That is awesome! And Nora's comments always make me smile - she is such a smart, cute little stinker!

Big Mama Cass said...

That is how I feel with Baby Einstein movies. My kid is STILL addicted to them and he is 2 1/2! LOL

But he learns a lot and its the only way I can PEE IN PEACE! :)

Yay for no ticket! I have been there a few dozen times. *gag*

Beth Zimmerman said...

Yay for the warning! And my pill of choice is Excedrin Migraine but I am so with you on the sinus pressure!

Amy said...

Oh... you may want to check out my blog today... I left you a little award :-)

http://destinationlife-amy.blogspot.com/