Background

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Letters of Intent - Laundry Day

Foursons

Have something to say? Yup! Me too!! Join up with the good folks at Foursons and have a little fun sayin' what you need to say.


Dear Strawberry Popsicle:

Seriously!?! It was my daughter’s second wearing of an adorable new sweater. The sweater was a gift from her grandmother. You managed not only to drip on the sweater multiple times, but to do so only on the cream stripes, not on the blue or brown stripes. Granted, she may not be the neatest eater and that may have contributed somewhat to the drippage. Still, it’s like you were aiming for the areas where you would be most difficult to remove!

You’re on my list,
The Laundry Avenger


Dear Tide Stain Pen:

You are my hero. Or rather, you were. Until your tip snapped clean off halfway through my application of stain fighting liquid onto the multiple above-mentioned stains. The fact that you’d been riding around in my purse, likely uncapped (because what caps stay on in the bottom of the abyss called my purse?), for the better part of the year is a weak excuse. I needed you. You were called to duty. And you snapped under the pressure. That is all.

Frustratedly,
The Disappointed Laundry Avenger


Dear Second Tide Stain Pen:

I can’t tell you how relieved I was to find you in the drawer! True, your brother-in-arms may not have been completely at fault for the utter failure of my initial attempt to remove strawberry popsicle from an adorable new sweater. Nevertheless, you stepped in and got the job done. Have fun riding in my purse.

Gratefully,
The Avenged Laundry Avenger


Dear Tide:
I suppose I should really be thanking you. Not only did you create a product that actually works (YES! The stains came out!!!) but you packaged it in pairs. It’s almost like you knew that this particular product would be used by hurried, overworked moms who didn’t have time to run out and buy a second one when the first stopped working. Whatever product development guy (or gal) suggested that you package them in pair deserves a raise.

Seriously,
The Satisfied Laundry Avenger

PS – I’m sure that you understand the value of the above Letter of Intent. My tens – possibly twelves – of readers have just heard from a trusted and, dare I say beloved, source of my unbiased opinion that your product really works. So... I'm gonna go ahead and call us even.

10 comments:

Jan said...

I feel ya, Sister, I really should by stock in stain removal products.

Amy said...

I must say, I have thought about buying those pens several times.... but I am such a skeptic! With a toddler and an infant I now think I will be purchasing them! So glad the stains came out! I have soooo been there, done that!

Happy Friday!

Windthicket Fables said...

WOw. Sounds like I'm going to have to pick up some tide pens...I have tried everything- except them!

Stopping by from foursons letters of intent. I'd love for you to stop by my blog too!

www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com

mindy2780 said...

I really need to get one of those pens. With three kids and a husband who really like to test my ability to clean stains I need all the help I can get.
They need to make dye free strawberry popsicles. That would make life easier!
stopping by from foursons letters of intent.

Shell said...

OF COURSE that is where the drips would land.

I really must invest in some of these pens. My boys are like little tornadoes of distruction and magnets for dirt.

Anonymous said...

I have never tried the Tide stick. I just soak R's clothes in detergent with a bit of a perioxide and it works.

Glad the stain came out!

Foursons said...

I'm glad the stains came out too! Whew!

Way to go Tide. I used to have a Tide pen but it rode in the bottom of my purse for a really long time w/out the cap on and it dried out. I need to buy a new one.

Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

LMAO, love these letters and off to find me a Tide pen. Enjoy the weekend.
Reading,Reading & Life

HeatherOz said...

I am on my way to get a pair of those pens! I need some serious stain removal help!

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Well, I had to check this letter that Jill was talking about. Stellar. Just love it. So true too. Stains. (deep sigh) multiple stain pens (read:glad smiling). Love you chica. Keep blogging. It made my day. lv, Jen

PS. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Carrot costume. Your an awesome Mom.