Background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Day Recap - Freeboard

First of all, anyone cool enough to get the Skynyrd reference in the title gets extra points from me. Points are not redeemable for anything, but whatever.

*****

I already posted about Norah's Christmas presents - and let's face it, that was definitely the most important part - but I do have a few more photos of Christmas day. After the gift extravaganza that threw up all over my living room, Norah passed out for several hours (understandably) and Mark, my parents and my brother decided to take advantage of he freshly fallen snow to execute the first disk/tube/sled run down the side of our house. Given my "great with child" status, I stayed inside and blogged about Norah's presents.

My brother had been given an old snowboard by a friend. That's right, I said given. Clearly Bob has friends who love him or something. Anyway, Bob decided to blaze the trail for the disks to slide down the hill. The composition of the snow was packed, wet and mushy on the bottom and powder on the top couple of feet. Now, it could be that these are perfect boarding conditions, but given that this was Bob's first time on a snowboard and the hill our house sits on is pretty steep, the front of his board got stuck a few times. Still, he's WAY more coordinated than I'll ever hope to be (seriously, my parents put me in ballet when I was three in hopes that it would help me stop running into things) and he managed to only fall twice. I've taken the liberty of editing the photos so that he looks pretty much like a rock star. Yeah, I'm a cool big sister like that.




No comments: