....for this special message.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
And since it's Christmas,
and since Norah is napping,
and since all the rest of my family is sledding or snowboarding down the hill outside our dining room window,
and since I am currently forbidden from such activities for fairly obvious reasons,
and since I'm STILL not in labor...
I thought I'd post a few pictures of this morning's activities.
"Norah, are you ready to open presents?" "Uh, what do you think mom?"
**Please notice the reindeer clip in her hair. A precious man from our church, whom she calls "Big Hat Jim" gave it to her because he just couldn't stand how cute it would look on her. One day, I'm convinced, she's going to con him out of some big ticket item just by batting her eyes.**
Opening her first stocking present.
When she got stuck, she'd tell us, "Dis is kinda hard."
Looking SO grown up (Seriously! Look how tall she looks!!) in a poncho and hat from Grandma. It even has a matching hat and scarf for her baby doll.
Huh, how convenient! I can take this off all by myself!
At the start of each new present she would say, "Waddit gonna beeee?"
A sweater from Grandma and Grandpa!!
Super excited about her Dora Backpack video game.
This smile says to me, "People keep telling me to smile about being a big sister, so I guess I'll humor them." I think it's about how she's going to feel about the new baby in a few weeks. :-)
My dad (who goes by Grampy) got Norah a very special present this year. He got a set of grown up & kid sparring boxing gloves. Boxing with dad was one of our favorite activities as kids. I credit those play boxing sessions as the reason I've never had much of a problem keeping my hands up and my head down when I needed to. Not that I've ever actually fought anyone, but I could. And some day, so could Norah...
Uncle Bob helping her get her gloves on.
Landing a good one.
Grampy teaching her to keep her gloves up.
She'll get it eventually...
We're heading to Mark's grandparent's in an hour or so, provided I'm STILL not in labor. I might have some more pictures after that.
For now, Merry Christmas from the Joneses!!
No comments:
Post a Comment